Wednesday 2 March 2016

Our First Week In Perth

I wanted to keep track of what Brad and I have been up to on our travels, I also have a handwritten diary but just in case something ever happened to it I know I have this!
Trigg Beach

We have been in Perth for just over a week now and are really enjoying it! It's so nice to just relax and explore a new place together. Luckily we also have access to a swimming pool which is helping us with our money. The beaches are amazing and we have already fallen in love with Cottesloe beach; a place I've been before but now I'm older I can appreciate it more. Brad's GoPro has been coming in handy with underwater pictures and films. We've also been to Hillary's Harbour where you can have lovely seafood meals, sit on the man made beach, or look round a few shops. There's so much to do here and we have so much more to explore as we are still finding our way round; my dad's put me on his car insurance which is making it a lot easier!
We have also been to the city a couple of times and spent a (tiny) bit of money, but both of us have had a lot of will power to put things down, which is a huge surprise.

                         Kings Park above and below- the car we have been driving around!

            Cottesloe Beach
The weather has been amazing and we have enjoyed 40 degree heat and also cooler days which allow us to do more. Both of us have been burnt to a crisp and are currently going through a bottle of after sun a week; not good for our budget!

With another 3 weeks in Perth we are going to try and drive up North/South for a couple of days and explore more beaches. We also have a trip to Rottnest Island planned for Monday and Tuesday for Brad's birthday, which we are both very excited for. I will try and keep this updated as often as I can/need to; but when we leave for the East coast of Australia wifi probably won't be as easy to find.

Maddie
Xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment